All right, time for a long-overdue update.
I drew the cover for We Will Bury You #2 by Brea Grant and Zane Grant, and published by IDW-- it's been in stores for a few weeks now, and I have copies available for $4 ppd. (the store will be updated "soon", but for now just email me about it if you're interested.)
I'll be drawing the comic-book portion of the forthcoming Year Of The Beasts, written by Cecil Castellucci and published by Roaring Brook Press. But don't expect that baby until 2012.
The Silence Of Our Friends is a little over halfway done, and Any Empire is nearing the end of its editing phase. I've gotten a head start on some of the inks and it's really exciting.
Here are some upcoming signings and stuff:
* Wed May 19 @ G-Mart Comics in Champaign IL from 2-6 pm.
* Sat May 22 @ Summit City Con in Fort Wayne IN.
* Jul 22-25 @ Comic Con International in San Diego CA (at the Top Shelf table!).
oh! To boot, my band Universe will be touring the South in the summer, and will have copies of our new CD, Passenger. Here are the dates (details soon):
* Wed 6/23 Bloomington IN @ Greek's Pizza w/ Andrew Jackson Jihad and to-be-named superband.
* Thurs 6/24 Louisville KY @ TBA w/ Andrew Jackson Jihad + more TBA.
* Fri 6/25 Cairo IL @ Ace of Cups w/ Andrew Jackson Jihad + more TBA.
* Sat 6/26 Little Rock AR @ Juanita's w/ Iron Tongue and Zucura. All Ages, $3!
* Sun 6/27 New Orleans LA @ TBA.
* Mon 6/28 Pensacola FL @ TBA.
* Tue 6/29 Tallahassee FL @ TBA.
* Wed 6/30 Gainesville FL @ TBA.
* Thurs 7/1 St. Augustine FL @ TBA.
* Fri 7/2 Atlanta GA @ TBA.
* Sat 7/3 Athens GA @ TBA.
* Sun 7/4 Chattanooga TN @ Sluggo's w/ TBA.
* I'll be in Lucca, Italy for the Lucca Comics and Games Festival next weekend (October 29-November 1st), signing copies of Portami Via (the Italian translation of Swallow Me Whole, published by Lizard)! I believe I also have some kinda interview/discussion and some live drawing on the 1st at 1:00 pm, if you're around. And in Italy. See you there?
* The Your Heart Breaks/ Triumph of Lethargy Skinned Alive To Death 7" is available now, from Don't Stop Believin' Records, or $5 ppd. to me-- paypal orders to firstname.lastname@example.org. It should be added to the store section of this site pretty soon too.
* I just finished a two-color cover for Cometbus #53, which will be out in about three weeks!
* I'll also be doing some illustrations for Fluke #8, featuring an interview/feature on Dogtown stalwart Alan Short. Alan was an early and powerful creative force behind the comics Mike Lierly, Nathan Wilson, and I did in the late '80's and early '90's, and has been a member of the Arkansas bands Seahag, Deadbird, Zucura, Soophie Nun Squad, Them of Delphi, Ridin' Dudes, and Entrance (among many others). It'll be available by the end of the year.
* I'll be doing the cover of We Will Bury You #2 by Zane and Brea Grant, published by IDW.
* If you live on the west coast, I'll be a guest at a con in Sacramento CA on January 9-10. More info soon! See you there!
* My band Universe is working our way through writing an LP to be recorded in the winter-- no other info yet on this puppy.
*Still workin' away at two new graphic novels-- I'm about 35 pages done with the 200-page book The Silence Of Our Friends (to be released February 2012 on First Second), and am feverishly editing, revising, and tweaking the finished pencils of my 250-page graphic novel Any Empire (to be released in 2011 on Top Shelf).