Bring it on, summertime! here’s a quick run-down of projects to look out for, and events I’ll be attending:
• I’ll be at San Diego Comic Con
from July 23-26
at the Top Shelf Productions
table, eating your snacks, signing/hawking books, and I’ll have some original pages for sale too. Keep your fingers crossed for the Eisner Awards
too—Swallow Me Whole
is up for three of em!
• The Your Heart Breaks/ Paul Baribeau split 7”
is back in print, this time on white vinyl! I have some for sale—they’re $4 ppd. I also have more copies of the Madeline Kissing And Dancing LP
($9 ppd). The store will be updated soon!
• Here are the comic shows I’ll be attending for the next few months:Comic Con International
—San Diego CA. July 23-26Windy City Comic Con
-- Chicago IL. Sept 19.Small Press Expo
—North Bethesda MD. Sept 26-27Alternative Press Expo
—San Francisco CA, Oct 17-18Lucca Comics & Games
—Lucca, Tuscany, Italy. Oct 30-Nov 2L’Angouleme
—Angouleme, France. Jan 28-Feb 1, 2010.
• Swallow Me Whole
will have a Dutch translation out in the next few months, as well as an Italian translation from Lizard
(out in October), and a French version from Casterman
(out in January!).
• I’ll be finishing up the art for a Your Heart Breaks/ Triumph of Lethargy Skinned Alive To Death split 7”
, due out on Don’t Stop Believin Records
• Just got started on artwork for the FIYA Magic Words LP
, which'll be out in the fall on No Idea Records
• Microcosm Publishing
is printing up a full-color poster
for special deals with Sounds of Your Name
—they’ll only be available in conjunction with the book, and are limited to 200 copies! It’s new artwork with characters from the story “Autopilot”.
• Illustrations for Michael Hoerger and Mia Partlow’s Edible Secrets
are done—the book should be out by the end of the year on Microcosm Publishing.
• Rachel Bormann and I are working on a story called “The Uncomfortable Gaze of Carlos Santana” for Papercutter #13
, to be published sometime in the next year.
• I’m currently in the revising/editing stages of my new graphic novel Any Empire
. It should be finished next spring, and out in late 2010 on Top Shelf
• Just finished rough pencils on the graphic novel The Silence Of Our Friends
, written by Mark Long and Jim Demonakos. Will be out in 2011 on First Second Books