I'm turning 40 years old tomorrow, and hitting the road for my new graphic novel Come Again-- first up, my home state of Arkansas! Come to any of these events if you can:
* Friday, August 3rd-- Fayetteville Public Library, Fayetteville AR. I'll be doing a slideshow talk about Come Again, March, and my general path through comics at 1pm, followed by a loose workshop for independently motivated/interested artists and storytellers. Nightbird Books will have books available for sale at the library.
* Friday, August 3rd-- Nightbird Books (205 W. Dickson St.), Fayetteville AR-- I'll be doing a signing from 7-9pm.
* Saturday, August 4th-- The Comic Book Store (9307 Treasure Hill Rd.), Little Rock AR-- I'll be signing from 2-4pm.
* Saturday, August 4th-- Zine Night, Vino's (923 W. 7th), Little Rock AR-- I'll be selling books and hanging out from 7-10pm.
And if you're in the Chicago area:
* Thursday, August 9th-- Quimby's, (1854 W. North Ave.) Chicago IL-- I'll be doing a slideshow talk, Q&A, and signing at 7pm.
See you there!
Here are some recent interviews and podcast discussions I've done about both Come Again and March:
Arkansas Democrat-Gazette (4 Minutes, 4 Questions)
Arkansas Times Rock Candy Podcast
Arkansas Democrat-Gazette (main feature)
Aaaaaaaand here are recent reviews of Come Again in Publishers Weekly (starred review), The Comics Journal, and Arkansas Times.
More info and dates soon-- stay tuned!